Moved to scissorspaperwok.com

Monday 9 May 2011

POTATOES! I can't get enough! (Hassleback Recipe)


Recently, I realised how much I admire potatoes for the satisfaction and fill-factor they give me. To me, they're like a blank canvas. You can flavour as you will, and cook to whatever texture you desire! I am hands down a fan of the crunch-factor. Give me a bag of chips/crisps any day!

Although it's easy to cook potatoes like this, I thought it was worth sharing a pic where I thought they looked like gorgeous golden clam shells. I was expecting people for dinner last Friday as wasn't sure whether I would have enough food, so I thought I would break the potatoes in half (after I had prepped them), and voila, double the pieces!

To make Hasselback Baked Potatoes:

- Pre-heat oven to about 220ºC (425ºF).
- Cut large potatoes on half (length ways)
- Slice to create cuts seen in the pic (but don't cut all the way through!)
- Lay on lightly oiled baking dish, spay lightly in oil.
- Season with you favorite flavours.
- Cover in tin foil.
- Place in Oven for 40-50mins. Check on them every now and then. You are looking for a golden colour, with a but of crunch around the edges.

For this dish I flavoured it with a bit of salt and pepper as it was going to be served with a gravy.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this image and included it in my blog post today! Thank you for sharing this recipe with your readers, and allowing me to share it as well! I hope you enjoy my inspiration board as much as I enjoy your Hassleback potato post!

    http://tinyurl.com/3n7nez5

    xo Christina Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing too fancy about these Hasselback potatoes, they are just part-sliced baked potatoes garnished with Parmesan cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Mouth watering potatoes! It look like sea shells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This can be very awesome! Looking forward for similar awesome post.

    ReplyDelete