Monday, 9 May 2011
Recently, I realised how much I admire potatoes for the satisfaction and fill-factor they give me. To me, they're like a blank canvas. You can flavour as you will, and cook to whatever texture you desire! I am hands down a fan of the crunch-factor. Give me a bag of chips/crisps any day!
Although it's easy to cook potatoes like this, I thought it was worth sharing a pic where I thought they looked like gorgeous golden clam shells. I was expecting people for dinner last Friday as wasn't sure whether I would have enough food, so I thought I would break the potatoes in half (after I had prepped them), and voila, double the pieces!
To make Hasselback Baked Potatoes:
- Pre-heat oven to about 220ºC (425ºF).
- Cut large potatoes on half (length ways)
- Slice to create cuts seen in the pic (but don't cut all the way through!)
- Lay on lightly oiled baking dish, spay lightly in oil.
- Season with you favorite flavours.
- Cover in tin foil.
- Place in Oven for 40-50mins. Check on them every now and then. You are looking for a golden colour, with a but of crunch around the edges.
For this dish I flavoured it with a bit of salt and pepper as it was going to be served with a gravy.
Posted by Kimanh xo at 19:54