Moved to scissorspaperwok.com

Monday 21 March 2011

BEST Pizza Dough Ever Recipe (and 5-minute sauce to accompany)

Image from 101 Cookbooks


When I saw the heading "BEST Pizza Dough Ever Recipe" from 101 Cookbooks, I knew I had to give it a chance.

Pizza - and making it from scratch has become a regular for Mark and I this year. It might sounds odd seeing as we cook vegan food, BUT, I believe goumet pizzas taste just as good without the cheese. It sort of loses the fast food greasy factor, and becomes and savory gourmet delight.

The pizza recipe is fairly long, but followed precisely, and you WON'T disappointed. You will need to plan beforehand though, because the dough needs to rest in the refrigerator for 24-hours. This was also the first time that I had made pizza dough and not had to use a rolling pin to get a pizza shape from the ball of dough. I felt like such a pro trying to gently stretch the dough by bouncing it on my fist - my love just laughed and said he didn't think that's how "they" do it... well it turned out very well thank you very much!

To top this recipe off, is an incredibly quick and seriously addictive tomato sauce. We were lucky to have left over sauce which we used to dip toast into. The 5-minute sauce can be found here.

Now let me assure you, I'm not just posting this for the sake of having a post. I have tried this.. and I can't see myself ever making pizza dough or the sauce for that matter in any other way (well, unless the Bestest recipe comes out).

Bon Appetite!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on these recipes. I love a good pizza recipe! I've marked it to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete